There's quite a lot of exciting things happening this month. My blog will be celebrating its first birthday on the 11th and then it's my birthday the day after, 27 is still early twenties isn't it? It's also Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day on my birthday this year which means that I can eat as many pancakes as I want. Then we have Valentine's Day on the 14th and after I've finished eating all the birthday cake, pancakes and a Valentines treat I think I might have to spend a few days eating salad to balance it all out!
So as this will be a month of celebration for me and a few days of indulgence, I've picked one of my favourite ways to decorate a cake ... Chocolate Ganache. I've made it in the past and I always get tempted to eat it straight from the bowl before it goes onto the cake. A chocolate ganache is made by heating double cream until just below boiling point and then pouring it over an equal quantity of chopped chocolate and stirring together until smooth and glossy. You can also add a small knob of butter to make it extra glossy as well if you want. To make a flavoured ganache you can infuse the cream with herbs or spices before adding to the chocolate.
You can use any type of chocolate you like, white, milk or dark and incorporate it into any recipe that you want. Just remember that if you've used someone elses recipe to credit the original source.
- Please use the logo on your post and tag the post with the label 'Classic French' and include a link to this challenge page and to Blue Kitchen Bakes.
- Please add your entries via the linky at the bottom, enter the name of your dish in the name box. If you don't have a blog or linky doesn't work then email your entries to email@example.com including the name of your dish, your name, a photo and a link to your post
- If you're on Twitter you can also tweet your links to @BlueKitchenBake using the hash tag #ClassicFrench and I will retweet any that I see
- You can enter as many times as you want and you can enter your post into other challenges as long as it fits in with their rules
- You can enter an old post if you want but please update with a link back to my blog and the challenge logo
- Don't forget that if the recipe you use is from another source i.e. book/magazine/website/blog to credit the original author.
- The challenge will run until the 28th of the month.
- New challenges will be announced on the 1st of each month
- Above all have fun and use this as an excuse to learn something new and get creative!